Sunday, October 25, 2009

The initial post!

Well here I am. After spending countless hours being inspired by www.ohsheglows.com, I decided to start my own blog on living life dairy free and all the other fun stuff life brings!! I am excited, nervous and of course wondering if I will get the chance to inspire others as Angela from the above website has inspired me!!

Here is my "dairy free" story. April of 2008 I started having terrible stomach pains (plus a bunch of other "unmentionables" sometimes I would end up in the fetal position wondering if I should get someone to drive me to emergency, because I felt like my stomach was going to explode.

After going to the doctor a few times per week, and getting prescriptions for drugs that had side effects that were just as bad as what was happening to me. I had doctors telling me it was everything from a parasite, to IBS to crones disease, they were trying to convice me to do every test I could imagine and take all these crazy drugs. I couldn't do it. I couldn't imagine putting steroids and every other drug imaginable into my body to make it "better"

I finally decided to go to a naturopath, her first suggestion "Take dairy out of you diet 100% and you will feel much better" Sure enough, within a week of being 100% dairy free and taking daily doses of probiotics I started feeling much much better. So now I spend time looking for and cooking great dairy free foods which are healthy and provide my body with nutrients that it needs to stay healthy. I feel like I should promote the naturopath I used, she's awesome and her website has great recipes!! http://www.drpincott.com/recipes.htm

I figured I could start a blog to share the silly stories of my life, pictures and delicious food finds!!

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I will follow you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dairy free story is remarkably similar to mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your support! I love comments!

Another option is to leave a comment here! http://www.facebook.com/dairy.free.betty

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails