Sunday, October 25, 2009

A little bit more about me!!

Ok. I figured now that I got the "why I am here" stuff out of the way, I can tell you a little bit more about me!

I'm 29 years old, and I live in my home town on Vancouver Island (the most beautiful place in the world) I am totally in love with a fantastic man named Dave, we have been together for a year and a half and he's amazing. We live in a cute little rancher with a beautiful backyard. We have spent the last year or so renovating and making it ours.

We adopted a crazy (but wonderful) dog named Lance about 2 months ago from the SPCA, he's our joy and our constant frustration, he is still a puppy, and 80 pound puppy that loves to chew everything!!

I recently lost my job, which was heart breaking as I loved what I did, so now I am doing some part time work with special needs adults and teaching some classes for some lower income schools in our town. I also decided that this was a good time to give back so I have volunteered to be a youth grief counselor with the hospice society. I haven't started this yet, but I am so excited to become apart of such a great organization.

I am also working with a career counselor to go back to school! What a scary thing to go back after all these years. I am excited/nervous for the adventure.

I am also constantly trying to inspire myself to get back into shape. I've had a hard time, because I spent so much time feeling so terrible and concerned that I would feel sick when I went out, that I almost completely let go of all the activities that I enjoy (running, indoor rock climbing) It's a battle that I fight all the time. I eat healthy, but without the sweating part of it all, it's hard to be in shape ;)

Anyways, I hope you enjoy my blog, I will try to post anytime something interesting happens, or whenever I find a great new dairy free recipe!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Lance looks so cute in that photo! Looking forward to reading more of your posts.Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your support! I love comments!

Another option is to leave a comment here! http://www.facebook.com/dairy.free.betty

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails